Monday, August 15, 2011

No more lies By Wesonga Quintas

It is unfortunate that I am starting off my writing this semester by launching complains. However I have no apologies to register, neither do I have to invite any of my sympathizers to apologize on my behalf. After electing the 25th SGC upon high expectations, today I am the most disappointed comrade. We yelled in uniform thinking that the final liberation had actually come our way especially after we witnessed the first ever public swearing in of MUSO officials. Little did we know that we were cheated. The forest changed but the monkeys remained the same.

Our good Chairman took advantage of the inability to speak Kiswahili among most of us and easily carried the day as we shouted unyanyapaa without even bothering to know what he really meant just as we had shouted ‘change’ in the past without knowledge that a negative change can also be a notable change.

The current VC swam to the helm on promise of good student welfare. This semester a Third year education student lost her husband after losing her husband last semester. Nothing was done because the University only comes in when a student himself/herself has died and nothing else. Simply issues of next of kin just don’t apply here. What of the arrangement for burial of the late Mr. Magero? Save this for another day because it was too disappointing.

Silas Ong’aro the Director of Academics has tried by at least communicating on various issues including late results release and HELB issues. However this is not enough because we were promised online results while at home not to come here and get results in week seven of the semester. Just to crown your work don’t forget the ICT in the MTL

Most comrades must have now seen the expected results that Olando the Director of Accommodation promised. Whether you have a room or not it all depends on what you expected. You can never blame Olando based on his campaign slogan. I have no trouble with him on this. Mark that; on this!

Joyce Wainaina promised lishe bora for all comrades. In my last article I told her to benchmark at K.U, Egerton and Maseno to see why ugali mboga is 10 bob there and 20 bob in Moi, the University with a difference. Just as a reminder; what happened to the price of chips after our good dean declared that they should sell it at 40 bob? We were at the kamukunji and we heard it clearly!

The worst performing MUSO official is the Finance Director who beat his competitors by a wide margin due to a promise of a transparent tendering process in accordance with the Public Procurement Act. What happened is the vice-versa and is what I can term as an abortion of Integrity despite his being one of the founders of the Integrity Movement in Campus. I wish PLO knew this and how I pray that the MUSO subscription was to be paid by comrades direct to MUSO and not through school fees. All in all amid all these vices and misfortunes in MUSO our ASG Simon Kuria has always been a catalyst. This is what he promised during his campaigns; ‘a catalyst for change’. Do you now see?

My final appeal to the SGC is that time is not yet over and once more I refer you to the Bible in 2nd Peter 1: 10. “Give diligence to make your calling and election sure. “ I rest my case.

1 comment:

  1. I second you. What happened to matt fairs. Then to add insult to injury they charge comrades for suitcases carried in the van boot. Really pieces me offI second you. What happened to matt fairs. Then to add insult to injury they charge comrades for suitcases carried in the van boot. Really pieces me off

    ReplyDelete

your comment, your voice...

Search site.