Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The mess in the messes

by Jay Kihara

With all the respect I have for directors, I want to call you from your slumber. Our messes are in a wanting condition! Things are out of order. Some people no longer queue for meals but instead they just go to the serving point direct after paying at the cashier – this makes those queuing to spend more than half an hour just from the cashier to the serving point. This is unacceptable! It should be made clear that all people taking meals from our messes should queue regardless of whether they are students, workers or staff.

It is a normal thing nowadays to pay for a certain type of food only to the ‘waiters/waitresses’ to serve you with a different meal, reason- poor communication between the cashier and the kitchen. I am denied the right to choose what I should pay for.

Some of the workers in our messes are so arrogant. They don’t realize that I pay for the food hence I deserve to be served with diligence and neither do they appreciate the fact that my money is part of what makes them smile at the end of the month.

Miss Wainaina, I won’t say you have failed because you might be working on having ready meals in our messes as you promised during your campaigns, but it’s high time you should do the very little things that matter most. This is just a few in your in-tray list. More is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.