Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Disembe, The Most Brave



by Mwamburi Mwangombe

in their last week’s article which was to read “Igwe, The Real Thug”, but finally read “Igwe The Dreamer”, there was a section which went, “very soon, we want to begin reading those sections of our MUSO Constitution which give us directions on RECALLING NON-PERFOMING bigots like him… it will not take us long… to send Mwamburi… parking.This is bravery. We must run allover campus to at least catch a glimpse of this great Mr. Disembe Dikembe. It calls for bravery for one to abuse me that much. Not because I am the Chairperson MUSO but because I struggle to remain accessible to comrades, despite my hyper-business.

Were it not for his bravery, I would not have dedicated a whole essay on him. Look at how they called me names even for duties not done by other directors. His claims that I am not available to comrades are wicked. Disembe himself interviewed me on the tendering process for close to one hour. He got my mind. He even knew how I have been betrayed by some who were thought echelons of reforms. Despite this, he goes on to mutilate my already struck persona. Anyway, I expected this. Why? Because Disembe is a brave. Under the support of two other infant campus writers, he goes on executing his bravery all over me—on my facebook wall, in meetings, along streets and even in eating places; no wonder I keep on losing mass.

If you think I am just breathing hot air, meet this writer and all you will see is bravery. Even before he starts to talk, you can predict how he is going to decorate his speech with brave and tough words which he scatters all over his speech. He has even cautioned me not to write artistic works. He wants me to write facts, facts and facts alone. I wish he had read Charles Dickens’ Hard Times.

If you think that he is going to cow after this article, then you are in for a shock! Because, he has put all political losers, cowards and dwarfs under his tight grip. If you know of anyone who lost in the last MUSO elections (and thinks that losing elections makes one a magnet), and is not under the leadership of this forthcoming MUSO Chairman or perhaps Sec-Gen, then you are not informed of what is in season.

Courtesy of Disembe’s bravery, this bunch of politicians started with a mission to oust me. By collecting signatures against me, something I do not fear because any honest leader chosen by the people should be ever-ready to be dethroned by them. Are some of them political dwarfs or cowards? Yes. They wanted me to throw other students out of the senior hostels so they could live there. Some were even ready to bribe me to get the shops which are, apparently the reason why many people contest for MUSO posts. I refused due to my ‘cowardice’. I here they have resorted to constitutional revision after meeting rebukes from some of my strongest supporters. I will support them in this.

Finally, Disembe wants me to become a brave like him. How? Boycott all meetings of the University. He does not want me to go to Mombasa, Taita-Taveta, even to heaven, as long as some Moi University people are there. Furthermore, even the Sec-Gen, the Academics Director and any other willing students’ leader(s) attends and can attend senate meetings and we are not paid for that. To conclude, I believe positive criticism is necessary while true reformers attract each other and fight until all battles for reforms are won. Political sour-grapes-syndrome is a game of and for the old sagging minds.

Think about this, there is a very thin line between genius and lunacy, bravery and cowardice. Did I call anybody a coward?

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.