Monday, January 14, 2013

WHY I NEED A DATE...

By Stanley Kimuge 

I know our relationship has gone through strenuous path. You had promised that we need a break. Simply wait for a further notice. That everything would be fine and I shouldn’t succumb to worry. But I can’t sleep nowadays. You have left me in the dark. This father of noticing has made me lose a lot of weight. I don’t have appetite for food.

That first time I saw you my world came crushing. That’s why I had to pick you as my first choice. It was tough but I had to settle for you. Your down-to-earth life made me admire you most. But ever since we took a break, my parents think I am suspended for all wrong deeds. They think I was impregnated by you. My father can’t apprehend that notices can be furthered.

Buried in sadness, I noticed well-built men called jobs. What a coincidence? But don’t mind their similar names. Some have approached me on several occasions. I had to turn down. I promised the other that we can push but no strings attached. He had goodies. I couldn’t resist. He whispered to me that money isn’t a problem.

Remember that day when we got engaged at the jab office? The joy and hope thrilled my heart. You vowed that you will stand on your shoulders. You promised that our four year contractual marriage will be smooth. But I still feel disturbed. That day you accused your parents for intrusion. They said that there was no bed space. I must admit it sent me into disarray!

Do I have to lay fault on your “old men”? Someone narrated to me that there are rooms in your house which can comfortably capacitate our family. There are visitors who don’t need exiles. They set time tables in which she can rotate. Up and down. 

My elder brother in form four is suffering from kwashiorkor disease. He says you usually give more than he could chew. I heard he complained that you coerced him to languish in confusion. When he tried to contemplate what was happening, the chef accosted him with un-ripe food. For now, he spends much time in sick bed. The doctor advised him to visit the Much Talked Lab (MTL) regularly . He fears being rejected by potential wives called employees. 

You don’t pop by Facebook like I used to grab. You no longer update your relationship status. It doesn’t even read that you are engaged to me. Just complicated. My heart palpitates in anger when I have glimpse of your profile pictures. They are just first and fourth year ladies’.

I just hope that our friendship will not limp. I pray that a cure will be found. I also want to forgive whoever allowed this mess. Those, who passed this unfortunate double wife intake to pass this test, will surely pay. I blame them for making you have a crush on that fresh girl.

The voice is an ever faithful second year girl from Hakuna Reply na Shida Day School (HRSD) wanting to know when she will be back!

The writer is a publishing and media studies student.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.