Tuesday, January 1, 2013

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

By Henry Adera

The so much awaited year is here with us! And the talk of the day everywhere is ‘Resolutions’. I have to confess though that I've never fully made out the concept of New Year resolutions since I've never made any. Frakaz and their share holders alike, have booting booz among others, in their New Year resolutions list. However, let me be part of the resolutions frenzy by outlining some of my own for this year. 

1.SHEDDING OFF THE FAKE FRIENDS COCOON.
No man is an island, so goes an ancient cliche. Everyone has friends, both fake and genuine ones. However, it's usually a hell of a task to differentiate the two groups but from my experience, I've come up with a working formula: ‘Hard times’, a friend in need is a friend indeed, so they say. Hard times usually reveal true friends from fake ones, just try it out. I have some friends in the fake bracket and top on my resolutions list is to scrap them off, which I think will aid me in gaining some weight. Sometimes having few friends actually means entertaining less bullshit.

2. CHANGING MY CONTACT.
There it is. I'm doing this solely because of one constant prick in my butt; my ex-girl. Ever heard of being to hell and back? I have, I can show you vouchers. See, six years ago I promised that I'd pass through hell for her and she made it certain that I did. I've since moved on but her unscheduled texts almost tore my current relationship into pieces last year. Reason? You can ask any The 3rd Eye Crew member, especially Lau Lawi and Kirong' Shadrack. Entertaining her crap will be like reading the same novel over and again when I already know its introduction, it's climax and how it ends. No, sir. I won't do that!


3. MENDING MY RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST.
I’ve sinned a lot and so have you, so don't play Holy here. From cohabiting to exiling room mates, Fracaz to Harvard. I've come to realize that the only relationship where I won't have my heart broken, is the relationship between Christ and I. I'll try as much as possible to pray everyday, though I'm still not certain about attending Church Services. Reason? Very complicated story for you, without subtitles. 


4. APPRECIATING TECHNOLOGY.
I haven't talked about giving it thumbs up yet, just the appreciation part. From smoke signals to e-mail, technology has surely made my life simple. However, as much as I'm a Tech student, I'll still not give thumbs up to technology till; The day me or any of my fellow Engineers invent a machine which measures brain pressure or till the day I'll be able to download beer.

I'll do with these four for now. Most New Year Resolutions are never upheld, you can bear me witness. For this reason, I've neatly typed these 2013 resolutions and saved the word document on my desktop, next to the Recycle bin!

HAVE A PROSPEROUS 2013, WON'T YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.