Tuesday, June 18, 2013

HELB PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

By Boaz Onyango 

The much awaited HELB delegation has finally arrived. It turns out to comprise of only one individual who is expected to sort out the problems of more than 200 comrades!

I talked to the official just a few minutes ago before the room got crowded. Her response to comrades’ questions is rather flattering. I asked her a very simple question “Can you check, confirm and tell me if you received my form?” She looked at me and politely answered that she did not know whether my form had been received or not.

Not the type to give up easily, I asked her another question “Do you have any idea when HELB will disburse funds to the students who have not received their loan yet? Her answer did not surprise me. She again looked at me and politely told me that she had absolutely no idea.

Having answered all my questions to the best of her ability, it was time to give other comrades an opportunity for their questions to be answered. I stood up and looked at her, then wondered to myself, is this a mockery or what? How can a person who is supposed to assist you solve your problems be more blank than yourself?

Tomorrow we will seek an audience with the DVC over this issue and also to request him to allow students with a fee balance of 4000 to sit for exams because it’s not their fault that money has not been disbursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.