Tuesday, September 13, 2011

THE PLIGHT OF DIASPORIANS

by moses nyamori
In those days of nyayoism, it was an uphill task to challenge leaders of their weaknesses freely – you had to look over your shoulders to see who was around – you had to know those who were around you, just listening but not speaking. You had to ensure safety of your surrounding before uttering a word or to avoid being seen as an enemy of development by your leaders, you had to package your message well – what was known by critics as using gentler names to refer to thorny issues.

Things have changed as I write this piece today – I can take on anybody in any office and get away with it, and today I want to take on the whole lot of 25th SGC.

The current breed of SGC has disillusioned most comrades if not all. Most of them have offered us lip leadership which up to today have left those comrades staying in ‘diasporas’ ask themselves whether they are still part of the Moi University or they belong to Moi Primary or something else closer to that.

To be able to substantiate my (our) plights, I will be precise and talk about plights of comrades who stay in F HOUSES (that’s where I stay).

To start with, upto today as I do this piece (approximately two months since opening), some comrades in this part of Moi still use their bedsheets as window-curtains – reason being the University has not bought curtains. To avoid blanket insults as it might be termed, this should reach accommodation director, Mr. Orlando, since it lies squarely within his jurisdiction.

To add to his in-tray, we live in a maize plantation, and to be sincere with him I have never seen anybody in green strolling. My question to Orlando, are you waiting for a comrade to be attacked to act? You better stop attending kadundas, where you ‘harass’ people and attend to our needs!

To our HEALTH DIRECTOR ( I have forgotten her name – I think because after electioneering period I have never met her), since opening date, there has been a leaking sewage just in front of ROOM 71,(F HOUSES) and upto today neither you nor any other authority has shown interest in fixing it. I am not a health practitioner, but from common sense it is unhealthy and I can be supported by our little kids in lower primary from their basic homescience lessons. Still on health issues, some comrades in this part of Moi, have no dustbins to dumb waste materials. Health director, you have to act now and not any other time!

To the whole lot (25th SGC), I know there are wrangles amongst you as I do this piece. The question is, are your differences based on your diverse ideologies? The answer is NO. It is all about who owns what in this campus. Some of us do not even know that you own shops but you go ahead and abuse our innocence by fighting in public over the same. SHAME ON YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.