Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MY SWEET GOLD DIGGER

By Kinyua Njeri

PHILOS I love you yes,
But you make my pockets,
Always empty for,
Your sweet lies,
I love the way you lie,
But I hate your lies.

You're like my school,
Which told me it's the largest,
And owns a swimming pool even,
Thus made me buy lots of costumes,
And pay my fees,
In advance,
Only to get astonished,
As I went for further notice,
After sitting on the lecture floors,
In a university!

My lovely Philos, though I love you,
I fear the damage of,
Your beauty to,
My finance,
And time and resources
And my emotions too,
Can't you understand that I,
Got no job at home?
They said I've got no scripts,
To prove my Comradeship.

Philos my love,
Why don't you understand,
That I couldn't call you,
My phone was snatched,
In Uhuru Park during,
A political meeting ?

Philos my love,
Please understand that,
If HELB doesn't avail on time,
I'll survive on the thinness of a thread...

I love you Philos,
But I am succumbing to,
The sweet voice,
And eloquence of,
Your lies.

And just like Safaricom,
That beautiful lady who speaks nicely,
While intelligently snatching,
Away my money,
And when heartbreaking me.

You two have got,
Some things in common,
Both of you lie so sweetly,
I hate you,
Yet I can't leave you,
Simply because, you are,
My Sweet Gold Diggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.