Friday, August 12, 2011

Last Semester I Learnt. by Elizabeth Muriithi

Last semester was quite. . . Let’s see. . . Should I call it exemplary, nothing out of the ordinary or everything in the extraordinary? I still can’t place a finger as to what I should term it but one thing that remains certified is that I LEARNT. Yes, last semester I LEARNT. Not just the course outlines, no! Last semester I learnt so much more that left me wide agape. Yes, I learnt.

Last semester I learnt that there are always stars in the sky even in the darkest of nights; stars that dazzle so bright if we just overlook the dark clouds hovering around, stars that sparkle with unimaginable glitter, nothing that can be compared to litter but a great portrayal of unfathomed potential. Last semester I learnt. Yes, I learnt.

Last semester I learnt that the greatest fear people have is the fear of letting others see their true light shining from deep within, the fear of striding out of their comfort zones and venturing into the unknown, the fear of being forsaken by “friends” for being yourself.

Last semester I learnt. Yes, I learnt.

Last semester I learnt that in this life we only live once and the one time we live we get so many people to meet; people who make us feel loved genuinely and others who dot their “i” and cross their “t” to ensure that they leave us with horrid scars. For some, we feel proud to be associated with but we regret why we ever had to meet others. All in all these people leave us rich with experience. Last semester I learnt. Yes, I learnt.

Last semester I learnt that falling in love is at times falling in lust and some of those claiming to be friends just want to be “friends with benefits” so that they can tear down young girls’ hearts into empty shells in order to puff up their egos. Last semester I learnt. Yes, I learnt.

Last semester I learnt not to trust anyone, not even myself but only the Lord God Almighty who lives within me. For He alone is holy and it is only Him that understands me and will protect, cherish and take me back even when I feel unworthy to stand in His presence. Yes, it is only God that can love me in a way that no one else can

Last semester I learnt. Yes, I learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.