Friday, August 12, 2011

How did you arrive in campus?

You may be asked that question one day. Answering will sure be hard. But I have friends in this campus who I know how they will answer, if they manage to answer it with their uttermost sincerity.

My roommate, S.K , 3rd year, will answer: I come from a village in the far north, having been the first person to receive a university calling letter. The village elder from the remote part decided to accord me a security man from amongst his ‘soldiers’ as he call them. On the day of reporting I was given a heroic sendoff, do not ask him why! A fleet of boda boda men ensured that the new village hero is sent for close to 40KM where they usually board matatus.

John, 2nd year BBM, will answer: it was a privilege to me and my family, nilijihisi mtu muhimu sana, village yangu ilikodisha matatu ilioniferry mpaka campo, huku maua ikitanda kila pande za nje za mathree hilo. Kana kwamba polisi wasiweze kunichelewesha kufika campo.

Onyango, 1st year, from Kogelo will answer: I arrived in campus with 3 sacks full of omena. The sacks were donations from my village mates who wanted to wish me well in Campus. As Lawi’s grandmother puts it “hata matumbo ni nyama”, Well, “hata omena ni samaki”. The 3 sacks that I always use to refreshen the air in Hostel C, have made me a hero amongst my Hostelmates. Recently they even suggested that I be the Hostel Representative in Omena Addicts and Consumers association.

Koech, 2nd year, from Kapsowar, will answer: Woiyeee! It was my first day boarding the Face Me Matatu accompanied by both parents and grandparents, mulsik kama kawa ama unaweza sahau hiyo.

But on arriving I was directed to the queue where I was asked my school. I quickly shouted “Uasin Gishu High School”. Which drove everybody in the queue into laughter.

Nyaduse, a 1st year CPR, will answer: Ilibidi gari la DO iwe hired kunileta campo kwani wazazi hawakuamini basi au matatu ingenifikisha salama.

Nyaboke, 3rd year BA, will answer: That she had to trek for close to 10KM to catch the only vehicle that is usually plying their route to Eldoret.

QUICK READS . . .

A condom manufacturing factory to be established in Thika Town to help increase the condom crisis in Kenya.

Moi University Premier League is set to kick off on 22nd August.

Prime Minister RT. HON. Raila Odinga dares the G-7 Alliance to nominate a candidate to face him in the 2012 General elections.

Moi University students set to fundraise for the ongoing Kenyans for Kenya initiative.

Kenya loses by solitary goal to Botswana in a FIFA friendly match played at the Botswana University in Gaborone, as England loses by the same margin to Nigeria.

Freshaz Night postponed to Friday 19th August says Mr. Frank Mwangi, MUSO Entertainment Director.

The writer is the Editor-In-Chief of the 3rd Eye and the Finance Director of MUISSA.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm . . . Nitakam Freshaz Nite joh. Big up, Masero. The artticle sounds familiar, he he.

    ReplyDelete

your comment, your voice...

Search site.