Wednesday, April 25, 2012

PLIGHT OF A FRESH MAN

By Steve Mwangi

As I eagerly awaited my transformation-to a comrade-day, my anticipation for my next four years was: to make my life and also to enjoy it too. The latter has proved it needs more than just a talk to fulfill it especially with my tag-name; freshman as they call me.

It all started with a hectic registration day that left my body drenched and swollen from the wrath of fellow comrades who squeezed me harder in those queues. After a tedious hustle, I secured what will be my next eight months home. To my surprise, it is serving all the purposes of a massionate; kitchen, dining room study room and bedroom. Remember cooking is illegal.

In a week’s time the not-so-fresh guys (continuing students) were back. The eves dressed in sexy clad that brought out every curve in their body – palatable hips and luscious ‘twins’ all that left my eyes narrowed and thoughts playing havoc with my libi… thanks to the man in me that have exercised mighty control. Before it settled, freshers night was thrown our way and now that my looks never guaranteed a hand over my shoulder, I had to get deeper into my wallet to keep one!

Being a screen lover I am, it have left me subjected to two hours of standing due to large crowd which shares my hobby especially when there is an ‘en classico’ of its own, nevertheless, I have always suffered information deficiency due to single channel tune day in day out. Guys check on this, we need variety to know what’s up elsewhere.

This campus is full of registrations; there is always a way of draining my wallet. I am worried that a group will emerge soon to register people for notice board services. You will be required to subscribe on a weekly basis to read articles on the walls! Yes, I see it happening. Clubs want some registration coins, religious associations are not left out as they also want a share of your wealth every Sunday.

The notion that campus is the best social place is quickly fading away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.