Friday, July 12, 2013

BYE BYE MOI

By Wesonga Quintas
 
Joining Moi University, the university with a difference, is one of the best events to have happened in my life so far. I have indeed seen the difference and this is the same message I take out as I say bye and breathe a sigh of relief upon completion of my 8-4-4 studies. I want to bid special farewell and appreciation to some groups of people and individuals:


My only creditors today, the HELB is the first to bid a humble farewell. You made a poor son of man access university education and interact with the mighty. Although reminders to repay are now the biggest stressor, thanks for the great help. 

Coming to lecturers, there is no blanket judgement. There are those sadists who made my life difficult. I will be jubilant to have you out of sight. To the few good lecturers, fare thee well.


The administrators at the School of Education: Mr. Mutuku, Saina, Jane and the whole team, God has seen your good work and a reward is in the offing. Your hard work serving the largest school in Main Campus unrelentingly is worth noting. Kudos, I will miss you!
The greatest sigh of relief is for the senate. I bear an honest grudge to this intellectual lot. They acted as the devil’s advocate and extended my stay here. The less I say the better for my skin. Bye.

For the security team, you have to pull up your socks. Here, we have Sisyphus syndrome of dealing only with crisis. The lights which were put up in the Mashoka era are dysfunctional today till he resurfaces. Farewell though because you always read my articles and immediately noted when it was unpalatable for the boss hoping this meets no threshold for the same. 

Coming fast to the health centre, sorry the university hospital, I only thank God for keeping my health all through that I was never a guest there apart from visits as a 3rd Eye reporter. If the security will have to pull up the socks, I am honestly unable to say what the hospital staff should do!


Forgetting mama mboga in this article would be suicidal. Their presence, though unnoticed by many, is invaluable. You left your families to serve, though for a profit, but the opportunity cost was too high. You still pressed on and supplied all I needed both in harvest and dry season. Serve more brothers and sisters I leave behind. Bye. 

Home is where I did all my “homework.” The hostel department under the able leadership of Mrs. Ebby Tanui was so good. Puke if you wish but they were good to me, especially one Salima Kiprono of Hostel H. I stayed here for two years. The only problem with the department comes when a student is referred to room 34 at Admin. Anyway, for the good majority, thanks and bye.


All my roommates were so good. Each new year there was a new roommate. Whether it was due to my stubbornness or their goodness, I never went on “exile.” I always slept in my room whenever I was in school. Farewell.

Home away from home was St. Michael’s Chaplaincy. I really enjoyed mass. A service where each county and diocese is represented under one roof was the best. Fr. Njoroge and Fr. Waweru made it even better. To the whole family, bye.

Another group I will be happy to bid farewell is the matatu lot. They charge exorbitant prices and cartel the route. They were only teased for weeks when a student died in 2009 due to their behaviour then it was business as usual. When I come for graduation, they will charge me double the already high fare. They annoy me the most just like the senate and security. Farewell.

What made me enjoy the extended term was the associations such as the 3rd Eye, MUKAS and NYGCA. They enabled me have a stress-free life due to free association. The lively debates at MUKAS and 3rd Eye were great, not forgetting the encouragement from NYGCA. I enjoyed making stories with friends then at the end hear “Nisipate hii stori 3rd Eye.

In a movie or a play, all glory goes to the actors and no one is keen on other people behind the scenes such as the playwright, financiers, music players, costume makers etc. I will not follow this trend. All the hostel cleaners, typists, secretaries, bodaboda guys, photocopiers and all those who worked behind the scenes to enable my stay and studies, fare thee well.

All friends and enemies in the making, bye! I am very sorry for whoever I wronged even in this article. Fare thee well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.