Thursday, April 25, 2013

DEAR MHESHIMIWA

By Chemochek Enock

Greetings E.G.H., C.B.S., Hon. Bwana Mheshimiwa. It has been quite some time since I saw you in person though I never miss every evening on the TV but for all the wrong reasons. Just to be honest the last time I saw you in public was during one of your general election campaign rallies where, seemingly, you were suffering from a condition I would call incontrollable verbal diarrhoea of empty promises. I remember waving at you frantically but unfortunately you didn’t notice me. All the same I am thankful that you gave me fifty shillings that I used to repay the ‘Okoa Jahazi’ debt I owed Safaricom. May God bless you Bwana Mheshimiwa.

Well, it is saddening that although I gave you my vote you have forgotten everything to do with me and other suffering ‘wananchi’. You promised to prioritize health care but what is happening now? The local dispensary is far from equipped. In fact all it has are dozens of cartons of Panadol and condoms. Do you think all we are capable of doing is making love? There are no syringes and the only nurse we’ve got works at three other neighbouring dispensaries. To add salt to injury the dispensary is ISO certified courtesy of you Mheshimiwa.

Again, we (wananchi) ought to be grateful to you for the love you have for our growing children. This is in reference to your contribution (through CDF) in the construction of the three ill-equipped primary schools in the location. I agree the schools are indisputably beautiful and appealing to the eye, after all who had ever seen a permanent building around? The schools have about three teachers each and a record average of about seven hundred pupils. This basically shows how hungry the children are for basic education. The other day my little friend in class one asked me when he was going to get a laptop. He said he wants to read hard so that he can become a rich Mheshimiwa like you and I couldn’t help but wonder, “Do you really want to be thief?”

Talking about the transport networks, I am very proud to have a plot of land bordering the only murram road in the whole constituency. The private helipad you own is just about a mile away from my residence. This also makes me a proud man. Thank goodness your constituency does not have an inch of railway line because, as you once said, trains are a nuisance; they are noisy and cause mild earth tremors.

Oh! There is yet another thing I forgot to be grateful for, the very many police stations and prisons in the constituency. You worked day and night to see to it that there was maximum security in your area. From this observation it seems all you see in the people who elected you to parliament are thieves, thugs, rapists, murderers just to name a few. For heaven’s sake do you think a sufferer can rob fellow sufferer…on an empty stomach? Does he even have that much energy?

I will forgive you for thinking I am thick in the head. I will forgive you for not appreciating the fact that I am a human being just like your son who has a stomach and has to eat, dress, sleep, go to school and get medical attention. I will forgive you for thinking that I am that little brat who owns nothing. I will also forgive you for not seeing how poor you are. You lack the heart of a human and intellect, which I have. Worse still it looks like common sense is not ‘common’ in you. Pity!

A politician once said, “Sisi na shetani ni kitu kimoja.” Translated, we (politicians) and the devil are one. He was kind enough to be honest with us that politicians, save the few good ones, are like silhouettes; they resemble each other in every respect and more so the devil.

Mheshimiwa, sorry for sounding rude but you should wake up and smell the coffee.

Yours sincerely,

Mwenyenchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.