Monday, April 1, 2013

VERDICT

By Wesonga Quintas

I have come up with a unanimous decision of both my heart and mind after the court’s decision on the election petition. I have decided as follows:

1) As to whether I can trust IEBC to conduct a free, fair and credible election where some people are involved, any such imagination has been dismissed.


2) Pertaining the ability of the Attorney General Githu Muigai to perform his roles with impartiality and especially acting as amicus curiae in an election petition where his kinsman is involved, such though will be termed as concurrent with inconsistent reasoning.

3) As to whether to take part in elections in future, the following is ordered: I will only elect where my voice can be heard i.e. the 5 other positions, especially for County Rep and Governor. For presidential election, the role will be delegated to the people of Central & Rift Valley because my voice will never be heard. It is so ordered.

4) Determination as to the extent to which Kenyans can attain justice in Kenyan courts, such thoughts as consolidated stand dismissed.

5) Judgement as to whether there can be confidence in the Supreme Court’s independence, such ruling as sought will be determined after the court issues the reasons as to why they ruled so.

It is also my decision that I will only trust my effort towards events where my input is necessary. Where no hand is sought or where it is sought but decision has already been made, such an input shall not be granted. It is so ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.