Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Unpopular but loving it

BY CHRISTINE MUTUGI

Am not popular, na siringi!! Don’t give ,me that surprising look!! Am not proud but being unpopular is awesome!! Don’t you think so ? Walking around with strange chiquitas sneering at you for no apparent reason, dudes giving you that ”I HATE YOU LOOK”. . . Isn’t that magnificent ? Well, I know you won’t agree with me because you think it’s depressing to be the “HATED”, the “UNWANTED”, the . . .Whatever you wanna call me, but take it easy and listen to the reason why you all abhor me and wish that the Dean would just get rid of me .

I roll with my kin . . . anything less, Nah! Nah! Nah! It ain’t my kind of dish. If you ain’t an eagle like me, my ego can’t let me fly with you. Sorry . . .

Blame my papa for making me his favourite when I was a toddler. I had the best toys, the best clothes, the best friends . . . In short, I was Miss Dashy Dashy! I know you’re sneering now and am loving it! Please sneer again before I continue… mmmmmsscheeew!! Ow!! Wow!! Thanks for that. It’s what keeps me going. I mean, your sneers and glares. In my world, only the pretty roll with the hunks, the hot with the studs, and the thwacks and the thwackette. I didn’t bribe mom to bring out a beauty like me!! Ooooh!! I just happen to be this way, so hate me but nothing will change!! Too baaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Now you wanna know why the chiquitas hate me? Because am hotter than them and they freak out that their dudes will compare them to me. They wish that their dudes would be so blind as not to notice me when they’re with them. They wish that my everything were given to them at least for a night or maybe a week. But when the reality that it wouldn’t happen, they loathe me like Lucifer himself!! How sad !? I didn’t bribe anybody to make you the ‘geek-chiq’, so spare me the jealousy, girl !! But please, keep sneering, it’s all I need from you to remain the prettiest of them all.

The dudes don’t love me either! They hate to love me and love to hate me. Mostly, when they become the ‘Sunguras’ in the Swahili story of the rabbit that cursed the strawberry when he couldn’t climb the tree to get them. I know how awful when you look at a pretty girl walking past you and you think that she’s the girl of your dream. You know what am saying? That body, those legs, that smile, that cologne, that . . . Owwww!! Exactly what you’ve been dreaming of in your ‘fantasy dynasty’!!

Your mind drifts to that ‘dynasty’ for a while but too bad, reality is what counts here!! You realise that you can’t afford a day without her . It will mean spending the last drop of your HELB loan. You can’t even hug her; your cologne is too cheap to mix with hers… You can’t !! You can’t !!
What do you think this leads to ?HATRED ! HATRED!...and more HATRED!! Don’t lie to me coz you dream of me about every other night, you fantasise that one day I’ll talk to you and you’ll have the opportunity hear that silky voice. Don’t worry, hater, all is not lost. Even Martin Luther King also had a DREAM, greater than yours obviously, but a dream nevertheless. His dream has come to pass, so why wouldn’t yours ? Keep hoping.

This is the life of a hype girl in campus…Hated …Unwanted ..and happy about it. Catch up with her weekly and learn to hate her lifestyle more.. She’s a spoilt brat whom ladies would love as friend. But won’t because friends are chosen, not picked!! The dudes would want a girlfriend like her but her guy must be from “her kinda world”. . . THE HYPE GIRL .

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment, your voice...

Search site.